If you’re searching for something a little different than your normal breakfast (but aren’t a morning person like me), you’ve come to the right place! This easy Breakfast Sausage Casserole recipe only can be whipped up in a matter of minutes.
It’s the ideal breakfast for when you have relatives or visitors staying over and need something to feed everyone that doesn’t need a lot of effort or clean up. You may even brown the sausage ahead of time so that all you have to do in the morning is toss everything into the baking dish.
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 C whole milk
- 6 slices white bread, toasted and cut into cubes
- 1 C mild Cheddar cheese, shredded
How To Make Breakfast Sausage Casserole:
- Crumble sausage into a medium skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until evenly brown; drain.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mustard powder, salt, eggs, and milk.
- Add the sausage, bread cubes, and cheese, and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover, and bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Uncover, and reduce temperature to 325 degrees.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until set.
- Cut and serve.