These Lemon Blueberry Muffins with streusel crumb topping are the best breakfast to make ahead and grab on a busy morning. This easy muffin recipe with Greek yogurt makes moist, homemade bakery-style muffins.
FOR STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 6.5 Tablespoon unsalted butter-melted
FOR LEMON BLUEBERRY MUFFINS:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 and 1/3 cups blueberries-fresh or frozen (reserve ½ cup of blueberries for topping)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees and line standard muffin or cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
- To make the crumb topping in a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and cinnamon, add melted butter and stir with a fork until crumbly. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the muffins in large bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl place 2/3 cup granulated sugar and lemon zest and rub for a minute. Add eggs and whisk together eggs and lemon-sugar until combined. Whisk in yogurt, oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract (mixture should be pale and yellow)
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk everything together.
- Reserve ½ cup of blueberries for topping. Place remaining blueberries in a small bowl. Dust blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour and toss them until all blueberries are coated with thin layer of flour and then fold them really gently in the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling maximum 2/3 of each cup and gently tap the pan on the work surface to set. Cover the batter with the remaining blueberries and then cover the blueberries generously with streusel topping.
- Place them in the oven and bake at 400 F for 5 minutes, then REDUCE THE OVEN TEMPERATURE TO 375 F and bake 13-15 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then remove muffins and cool on a wire rack.