This No Bake Caramel Apple Eclair Cake recipe is deliciously dreamy with layers of creamy vanilla pudding, spiced cinnamon apples, cinnamon grahams, and decadent caramel topping! It’s the perfect easy dessert for family gatherings, potlucks, or parties and can be whipped up in just 15 minutes.
How to Make Caramel Apple Eclair Cake
- Prepare apple filling. Place the apple pie filling into a bowl. Use scissors to cut the pieces of apple into smaller pieces so you don’t end up with any super large chunks.
- Add spices. Add the cinnamon and nutmeg to the apple pie filling and set aside. Most commercial pie fillings are just sweet without much spice to them, so we are solving that problem with this shortcut recipe.
- Mix pudding and sugar. In a separate bowl, mix the instant vanilla pudding, milk, and powdered sugar.
- Add cream and vanilla. Add in the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract. Use a hand mixer to beat together until creamy and thick, about 3-4 minutes.
- Make bottom layer. Arrange the cinnamon graham crackers in a single layer in the bottom of the baking dish or pan.
- Add apple layer. Use about half of the apple filling to spoon a thin layer of the apple mixture over the graham crackers.
- Add pudding mix layer. Use about half of the pudding mixture to spoon a generous layer of the pudding over the apple pie filling, spreading it evenly.
- Repeat Graham cracker layer. Add another layer of graham crackers on top of the pudding mixture.
- Repeat other layers. Add an apple pie filling layer, a vanilla pudding layer, and then another layer of graham crackers on top.
- Prepare caramel mixture. Lastly, heat up the hot caramel topping in the microwave so you can pour it over the top.
- Add caramel on top of dessert. Carefully pour the caramel topping over the top layer of graham crackers and smooth it out.
- Chill. Place the cake into the fridge to chill for at least 4-6 hours before slicing into it and serving. Chilling it overnight is best.